Friday, July 3, 2009

Party Time!

Greetings from Mariupol! I can't believe the weekend is already here. Tomorrow we will have our first LST party for all the readers and church members. We have invited all our readers, and so hopefully they will all come, and be able to connect well with the church. Things are going well, but we are working hard. This weekend will bring with it a much appreciated break for all of us.

Here is an update from Emily:

Greetings from Mariupol! What a joy to be back in this city and working with more of God's children here. I cannot believe that tomorrow is Friday. This week has been busy as we settled in, went grocery shopping, and started reading with our new friends. It has been a pleasure seeing many Christians whom I met two years ago during my first visit to Mariupol.

I read with about 6 people each day, and then have a group of about 6 children that I spend time with to help them practice English. As far as I understand, English is taught in every grade level in school, but since it is in a classroom, the children do not practice speaking very much. Their handwriting is wonderful and most of them know the English alphabet. It is wonderful to be here and working in this way.

Thank you so much for your prayers for our LST team and for those we meet.

Emily


Thank you again for all of your support. Please pray for this get-together, that the readers would form a special connection with the church. We will give an update in the next few days on the outcome of the party. Have a wonderful fourth of July!

love and thanks...

5 comments:

  1. Hi Pat,
    I can't believe you have already been there a week. I know how much you have looked forward to this & how much it means to you and your faith. Enjoy the time you have over there. You might want to extend your trip because it is unbearably hot here in Texas.
    I look forward to hearing all about this when you return.
    Love, Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT JOB! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say Hi and that we love each of you and are praying for you daily. I know you all are so busy. I hope you can take at least a few minutes each day to rest in the Lord and draw on His strength to keep going.
    Love, Terri & Phil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these beautiful stories of God's work there in Mariupol. Prayers are sent for continued good works, and strength and encouragement.
    Love,
    Joni and Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phil,

    Do you really think we're resting with your dad here? Ha! Ha! I love, respect, and appreciate Hal and Tim more each and every day! They have both taken care of us and do encourage us to take rest breaks. I have a new name for each of them.....Hal is "Grand Master P" while Tim is either "Mr. Gold Teeth or Say My Name"! You can ask them about the orgin of those names! Ha! Ha!

    Seriously, God has blessed us and the people here of Mariupol. We have each made real connections here and I know the readers see and feel God in each of us.

    Joni, we made your famous spaghetti last night. You know, with the Italian sausage and hamburger meat. I told everyone I learned that dish from you.

    To my family, I love you knuckleheads and miss you all greatly! James, I'm so proud of you for again encouraging me to serve God through the LST program. God blessed me BIG time by sending you to me!

    Tommie

    ReplyDelete